Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 texascomputermechanic

texascomputermechanic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

I'm working with an HP LaserJet 3050 all-in-one printer.

When I plug in the printer, the PC says "New devices found..." and even names the printer...

However, I can't print...

I have updated all of my drivers except for two...

1. DOT4 USB Printing Support
My issue with this one is, once I've downloaded and extracted to it's file...when I try to run the install file I get a "C:\HP Universal Print Driver\Install.exe is not a valid Win32 application"

2. USB Composite Device
The issue with this one is, when I try to install the universal printer...it doesn't recognize the printer I have plugged in.

Any ideas?

I have tried uninstalling drivers and unplugging printer and starting from scratch...no dice.

Edited by texascomputermechanic, 02 July 2007 - 02:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

Did you download the latest driver here?
support

This is HP's suggestion:
"Solution one

Step one: Delete all of the temporary files on the computer

Click Start, then Run. The Run window opens.

In the Open: box, type %temp%.

Click OK. The system-defined Temp folder opens.

Highlight and delete all of the files in the Temp folder, but not the folder itself.

Step two: Copy the installation files to the hard drive

Right-click Start, and then click Explore. The Windows Explorer window opens.

Locate and select the CD-ROM drive letter that contains the HP software CD-ROM in the left side of the screen. This opens the contents of the CD-ROM in the right side of the screen.

Click Edit, and then Select All.

Click Edit, and then Copy.

NOTE: Do not copy the CD-ROM to the Windows Desktop.

Select the C:\ hard disk drive in the left side of the screen to open the contents of that drive on the right side of the screen.

Click File, point to New, and then click Folder. Name the folder hpdisk.

Double-click the new hpdisk folder to open it, click Edit, and then Paste. The contents of the CD-ROM will be copied into the folder. Leave Windows Explorer open when it is finished copying the files.

Step three: Install the software from the hard drive

Return to the hpdisk folder in Windows Explorer and double-click the Setup.exe file.

The software installer will launch and the installation process will begin. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.

Solution two

Download the latest driver for your product or order a new software CD from the Software & Driver downloads page of the HP Web site. "

Edited by garmanma, 02 July 2007 - 04:37 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users