Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Autoupdate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nixx

nixx

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:34 AM

hello.

i have a problem with my mcafee virusscan enterprise. it says my virus definitions are 9 months old so i click on update now. but when i do click it, a window pops up and says:

Failed to initialize Common Updater subsystem. Make sure the McAfee Framework Service is running. McAfee Common Framework returned error fffff95b @ 2

whats wrong with my virusscan? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

My computer knowledge is not advanced enough that I normally only only offer very basic assistance. However, since you don't seem to be getting any other replies, all I can think of is to do as the error message instructs, and make sure that that service is running. If that's not the problem, often uninstalling and then reinstalling a program can fix a wide variety of problems.

You didn't mention what operating system you are using (example: Windows XP Home), so I can't say for a fact how to check the services on your particular PC. You should be able to find out easily enough by searching Google.

If you do reinstall, be sure to have your activation code on hand, as you may need it. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users