Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

music downloads

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 peter252

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:19 PM

im not sure if anyone can help but here goes:
i use an online music download service called e-donkey. when i download an album wrap from this service it is downloaded as one song even though there are several songs on it. the file format is mp3. is there anyway of being able to put my own song breaks onto this file to save me from having to fastforward the album manually? i have tried to do this on my mini disk player but it would not allow me to preform that task any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:04 AM

Yes! but it will mean that you are going to listen to the whole album.
I had the same problem with 2 albums.

What you need to do is record it with a recording program.

when a song starts you record when the song is finnished press stop.

you will have to find a program to do it though. if you have Windows XP you should have a program called AvRack you will have to learn on using it though. i'm better at showing than typing.

Remember, this site does not tend to illegal matters.

#3 peter252

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:28 AM

thanks but i dont seem to have the AvRack programme on my pc. i am running xp but it just is not there. ive tried to download it from the internet but cant find it?? the mp3 files are not illegal they are from up and coming artists so they are free.

Edited by peter252, 25 January 2005 - 08:28 AM.

#4 KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:37 AM

Realtek AC'97 Drivers & Applications. The package includes: Driver/Application Setup Program; RtlRack for Win98/Me/2000/XP and AvRack for Win95/NT4; Realtek Sound Effect Manager. DirectX 8 is required to enable advanced features. Version A3.65 adds some customized settings and fixes SPDIF OUT no sound for ALC650 codec after power resume.

Is this what you're looking for?

Download from C/NET
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:11 AM

Here's one I use for music editing, that's free:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:07 AM

Another good free audio editor can be found here at

I use it, and im not sure, but I think you can split music files with it, without having to re-record the entire album.

#7 bricat

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 10 March 2005 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image

MEGA MP3 SPLITTER.<----click here

when you open mp3 splitter you will see a screen as above.
click on the folder in the top right corner. (where the arrows pointing
to it says open Mp3 file
another window will open. at the top where it says lookin
you have to direct it to where your file is.if your file is in my documents
click on the arrow for the drop down menu.and click on my documents. if your file is in a folder called my music
click on my music.this will open the folder to the main screen. click on the file you want to split
this will highlite it and put the file name at the bottom beside where it says (FILE NAME)
next click OPEN.that will load the file into mp3 splitter.
below the sliding scale you will see the controls for the player.
whenever you press PLAY you will see the CURRENT FRAME
number running.when it gets to the end of the first track press stop on the player.
type the number that is at current frame into where it says INPUT FRAME
and click on the red arrow beside it. this will put that number over to the left window of the screen.
that is where it will make the first split in the file.
press play again. and when you get to the end of the second track press stop on the player.
remove the first number you put in the input framebox by clicking on it and pressing the "back key"
on your keyboard.type the second number in to the input frame box. and click on the red arrows again.
this will move the number to the left window. you carry on like this until you have reached the end of the file.
you will have a list of numbers in the left window depending how many tracks is on the file.
to make this quicker i find it easier to left click on the slider bar on the player and drag it to the right
and by listening you can move the slider back and forwards to find the gap between the tracks.
once you have reached the end of the file click on the floppy disc icon,bottom right
and this will split the file.all the tracks of the file will be put in the same folderwhere the original one was.
and that's it.as long as you type the right numbers in you should have no problems.

#8 Sp1d3r

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:29 AM

I had this problem with a song my friend sent me, she downloads songs for me so i asked her to get me the 'Green Day' 'Dookie' Album but she could only get the album as a whole or it would of taken ages so i had to use the whole album. But now i have the whole album proper, and now im a happy little boy :thumbsup:

#9 lethlorian

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

I would use a program called screen blast sound forge, this is also a useful Mpeg layer 3 ripper.

Using this program you can cut and bast and actually see the channels of the sound. Its free from the providers homepage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users