Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound In Browser Only

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessica2k7

jessica2k7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:44 AM

Hey all...
Okay well I read other threads and tried the advice but nothing has helped...
The sound from my browser is not playing at all. I tried Mozilla and IE. Neither work.
The sound on my pc is fine, plays songs, starts up with sounds, msn working with sound.
Checked the volume controls.. Nothing is down or muted. Although nowhere in my settings can I find AUX controls to check them, even did a search (if it helps I have an ASUS A6000 notebook that runs XP)
I have uninstalled and reinstalled and updated; java, quicktime, shockwave, etc.
I cannot hear sound on things like myspace, youtube, only things in my internet browser.
I have checked device manager.. Shows no problem.
Checked drivers, they are fine.
And this has only just happened recently, it was working fine before.
Please someone help me, Im ready to lose my patience!
Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drmax

drmax

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:42 AM

I, too, have the same problem, but as no one from the site has responded, I thought I would share a few items.

One of the issues that might be relevant is the use of firewalls/anti-spyware programs. I have at least 4 of these running (Norton AV, Windows Defender, AVG Anti-Spyware and Symantec Client Firewall). Although I disabled the Symantec program during my several attempts at uninstalling/re-installing the newest Flash player (which YouTube keeps telling me I need to hear the audio), it hasn't helped. I don't really want to disable the other programs (I don't even know how other than maybe to start in Safe Mode), so I, like you, seem to be at an impasse.

I will be checking these boards over the next few days and hopefully someone out there (Grinler has always been way helpful in the past) will help us.

#3 lou komodo

lou komodo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:22 AM

oh...i have this problem too!!! didn't realise there was already a thread about it...maybe someone could delete mine then?

xx

EDIT: fixed...i reinstalled directx and it worked straightaway

Edited by lou komodo, 12 July 2007 - 11:38 AM.

#4 jessica2k7

jessica2k7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:39 AM

drmax: Thank you for your input! Its nice to know Im not the only one with the problem, or the only one who people arent posting to

lou komodo: I tried re-instlling direct X... no good... But thanks anyway!

Anyone who has any other ideas PLEASE leave a post... Im running out of options!

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

When you are playing one of these videos, right-click the video and look at your FLASH OPTIONS...is it muted?

#6 jessica2k7

jessica2k7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:55 AM

jwinathome: nope not muted... not just videos either, also songs, SE, anything from my web browser...

#7 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

hmm...I'm not sure, but because it happens with both browsers, I would suspect there is a registry problem.

I will keep looking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users