Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something Like Ms Powerpoint But For Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

Hi

I am doing house and garden / landscaping work and I am looking for a program that I can paste the photos that I have taken (e.g - the different sections - back yard, patio, living room etc. Just something simple - let's say that I want to show 4 photos for the Patio and then be able to input text describing the changes to be made, preferably with the ability to use drawing tools to circle or point to specific areas.

The MAIN factor is that I will need to email this, and as it will contain quite a number or photos, it will need to be small enough to enable easy quick emailoing. And I guess that the size of the photos would be relevant too.

Have just checked out the demo of the 2007 Microsoft Office. Does anyone have opinions on this new one. And am I correct in thinking that it covers exactly what I am looking for...??

Nat

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 10 July 2007 - 01:48 AM

Have you looked at the Presentation module in Open Office 2.2? It can save files as a PowerPoint file.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 nat

nat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:04 PM

Thanks Acklan for your suggestion of Office Office which I have taken a look at, but it looks way too complicated for me. Any other ideas??

Many Thanks

Nat

:thumbsup:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

#4 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

OpenOffice is just about as complicated as Microsoft Office . If all you wanna do is have slides with pictures and text than either will be more than enough. Don't let all the buttons and options scare you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users