Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Early Morning Visitor.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

I had this little guy in my garden early this morning.

Posted Image

Pity he turned away just as I took the pic.
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

Cool....what type of bird is it? What kind of temps do you have running over there right now?

#3 wildchild2

wildchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

The bird is a Magpie.

It is midwinter here in Australia but where I live (SE Queensland), it has been about 18-20 degC during the day and down to about 2 degC at night.

Steady 24 degC all day and night where I am sitting in my "engine room". Have the aircon on all the time. I have a back problem that kills me if I get cold.

18 - 20 deg C = 64.4 - 68 F
2 deg C = 3.6 F
24 deg C = 75.2 F

Moderator Edit:To add the fahrenheit equivelents for those who use that scale. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 02 July 2007 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

The warbling and carolling of the Australian magpie are familiar to many although few of us recognise that it ranks among the foremost songbirds of the world. Its impressive vocal abilities, its propensity to play and clown, and its willingness to interact with people, make the magpie one of our most well-known birds.

#11 on the sound chart---Australian magpie (aka--flute bird)
http://www.birdsinbackyards.net/feature/to...-bird-songs.cfm

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

He's a lovely creature and while I'm not a 'birder' myself a friend of mine is. Have sent him a link to all the bird songs so thanks for the photo wildchild2 and the great link buddy215.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:37 PM

My favorite has to be the Laughing Kookaburra. It actually had me laughing!!

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users