Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broardband

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 clank

clank

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:08 AM

Iam with wanadoo, on there anytime dail up connection, some months ago I asked them to connect me via broardband, :flowers: Well after weeks of stress with them, I gave it up as a bad job and went back to dail up. I would dearly love to go broardband but dont think I could cope with all the stress it caused me.is there anyone out there who could help, my computer is a `Packard Bell5095, bought 2 years ago and Iam on XP. Has any other person married Packard Bell and Wanadoo up, there appears to be friction between the two even after those PATCHES were down loaded. Its probably as much to do with me as them , as I am very :thumbsup: when it comes to computers, Thanks Clank :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:57 AM

Are they cable or dsl? There should be no conflicts with your computer and a broadband provider

#3 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 01:51 PM

sorry not too sure what you mean by cable or dsl ? I have a BT telephone line if thats what you mean ! Wanadoo told me it would only work on the main incoming line to the house and not on an extention, I downloaded a patch fron microsoft to enable wanadoo broardband to work on my Packard bell computer, none of this worked. After about ten calls to their help line getting a different operator and a totally different answer to the same question, ever time I gave up. I was just hoping some member of our ( hope thats O K or should it be your site) site has the same computer as me so they can tell me how thet got on ?. I dont fancy changing from wanadoo I will have to change my E mail address etc Thanks for the reply Clank :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:55 PM

Our is fine..and I take that as a compliment :thumbsup:

What i need to know is what type of broadband service is wanadoo's? Is it dsl or cable?

#5 clank

clank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:46 AM

Wanadoo is dsl.
Thanks Clank :thumbsup:

#6 Grinler

Grinler