Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Rom Drive Found But Not Accessible...help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PC GEEK

PC GEEK

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

ok i have 1 sata cd/dvd writer installed and working fine but i took an older ('02) dvd ROM drive out of an old HP and it is and IDE ribbon cable drive....hooked it up and it is found in my computer but i can't access any discs using it...i already tried deleting the cd/dvd registry file which microsoft suggested but that didnt do anything.....i need help!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:07 AM

Do you have the proper jumper setting for the location on the IDE cable. Master or Cabel Select for the end connector, and Slave for the inner connector.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 PC GEEK

PC GEEK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:30 AM

Do you have the proper jumper setting for the location on the IDE cable. Master or Cabel Select for the end connector, and Slave for the inner connector.

Yeah tried em all and it doesnt work...its wierd though because it worked perfect before on the other computer...i have a feeling it has something to do with the fact that its an IDE but it still should work on slave you would think..im gunna try putting it in the second ide plug in on the mobo and find out what happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users