Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7 Freezes Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

Whenever I click a link on a webpage on Explorer 7, it freezes up and does not respond to any command. When I click to force it to close on task manager and I click end now, it does not respond. I can open up another instance of Explorer 7 and fly away but this is just getting very annoying... any help?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:41 AM

Hi Ryan 3000,

Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?
Important. Read this before using; How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES).

If that doesn't work, you may have a flawed install of IE7.

-Uninstall IE7 (which automatically returns you to IE6) by following These instructions by a Micro$oft MVP.
-Uninstall all toolbars and third-party Windows Themes, including Window Blinds.
-If the behavior does NOT persist in IE6, reinstall IE7 by following These pre-install instructions and using Windows Downloads as the installation source, not Automatic/Windows Update.

If the behavior does persist in IE6, Do Not reinstall IE7 at this point and post back in this thread.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 speedbird76

speedbird76

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

My sincere advice is to not use IE unless you absolutely require to, or have some irrational love for it. It is better to go with Firefox or Opera, both of which are more secure and feature-rich than IE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users