Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sid Meier's PIRATES!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 diggem

diggem

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 10:16 AM

Just curious if anyone's played the newest version of the old Sid Meiergame Pirates! The game was released in Nov 04, but was a blast to play bacl in 1987 when it was first released. If you've played it(the new version) please post a reply letting me know what you think about it. I am thinking about getting it but wanted to get some opinions on it first.

Thanks
God Bless,
Diggem

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:55 AM

I played it and enjoyed it and was just as fun, if not better, than the original. My only gripe was I felt it was extremely easy.

#3 diggem

diggem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:18 AM

So on a scale of 1 to 10, what would give it? I really liked the old game when it first came out and was wondering just how much they may have changed it. For me, the less the better except for the graphics maybe. Thanks for the reply though Grinler, I am looking forward to going pick up a copy probably sometime in the near future.

Edited by diggem, 29 January 2005 - 11:18 AM.

God Bless,
Diggem

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 29 January 2005 - 11:44 AM

I would give it around 7.5 for me. I enjoyed it but got a little bored. Some may feel differently about i tthough

#5 diggem

diggem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:44 AM

ANYONE ELSE PLAYED THE NEW SID MEIER GAME PIARTES!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your input Grinler, now if could only get a few more opinions, lol
I am thinking I will try to find a demo somewhere b4 I fork out the $50 to buy it. Should not be too hard to find one somewhere.
God Bless,
Diggem

#6 randersonsdc

randersonsdc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:53 PM

Yea,
I got it, its going to be a great game for deployment. I played a little bit, and it kept me pretty busy for a few days, but I got bored easily with it. Hope to have more luck with it in the next six months.

Grade 6.8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users