Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Messages: Is This Something Serious?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ravadongon

ravadongon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:10 AM

Attachment has screenshots of the error messages. Would really appreciate any help to get rid of these...

EDIT: you can't send attachments so I'll just write it out.

Cannot find the file 'grviewex.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

Could not load or run 'grviewex.exe' specified in the WIN.INI file. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the WIN.INI file.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by ravadongon, 24 January 2005 - 08:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:56 AM

This is what I found.

Win32.Gema.F is a trojan that downloads and executes arbitrary files. It has been distributed as a 14,336-byte, PECompact compressed, Win32 executable.
Each time Gema.F is executed, it changes its filename and associated registry entries.

It copies itself to the %System% directory using several names: grviewex.exe Being one of them.

Complete info here.

http://vic.zonelabs.com/tmpl/body/CA/virus...s.jsp?VId=40564

What security programs (if any) do you have installed?

you can't send attachments so I'll just write it out

After you have your screenshot you need to "host" the picture somewhere. I use and recommend Photo Bucket Free and easy to use.
Find your screenshot and then click "submit".
Your picture will upload and you will see it right there.
There will be 3 links under your picture.
Use "URL" to post a link to the picture.
use "IMG" to have it show in post. Which is fine if it is not a large image.
Then copy and paste the link to your post.

~If you ever delete the image from your photo hosting site. It will no longer show in your post.

Edited by scarlett, 24 January 2005 - 09:16 AM.

Posted Image

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:35 AM

Make sure your anti-virus definitions are current, then boot into Safe Mode (tap f8 repeated whilst booting), temporarily disable system restore if you have it turned on (you will loose all restore points). Run a full scan; your antivirus should find this and remove it.
If not, please reply.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users