Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Visual C++ Runtime Error In Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robik123

robik123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

Recently I tried to use Microsoft Movie Maker software along with HP's QuickPlay software. Since then, my QuickPlay has stopped working. Everytime I turn it on to record something from my built-in webcam, it gives the error, which reads like:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. The following application...C://programfiles/hp...../qp.exe has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual manner. Please contact the application's provider for more information."

Then the application terminates abruptly. I have spoken with HP, but without any help. Their solution is to reinstalled the OS. I have noticed that this error has been extensively discussed in the context of Windows 2000 and XP, but couldn't find a good solution for Vista-based systems. Can any one help?

I have uninstalled and re-installed the QuickPlay program and my webcam driver many times, but NO help.

Please let me know if someone can assist me in fixing this annoying Runtime Error in Vista. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

Right click on QuickPlay > proprties, then the 'compatibility tab'. Check the box that says run this program in compatibility mode
with XP SP2, apply > OK.... then right click on the icon and run as Admin. Hope this works

** if you don't have a 'compatibility tab' you will have to log on as Administrator

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 robik123

robik123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for your suggestion, but it still does NOT work. I have Vista, but I selected the XP, SP2 compatibility mode as per your recommendation, and I also added the Administrator privilege, but I still get the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error. This occurs ONLY when I try to use the webcam feature of this software. All other features (like DVD player, TV tuner, etc.) of this program work well. Only tbe Webcam part produces the error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers and even this program, but the error won't go away...
I noticed that there are many solutions for this error if someone has Windows 98 or 2000, but not much help in the Vista area...Any other suggestions except for the whole OS reinstall (as suggested by HP "technical" service people)--which, honestly, I find as a cop out. I think that there will be smart solution, without the lengthy OS reinstall and backup process. Any inputs??

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:19 PM

Have you located the executables for the webcam program and instructed them to "Run as XP SP2" and "Run as Administrator"? Sometimes a program installed using the compatibility wizard my need this extra help to ensure that it runs well. I'd locate all the executables (.exe) files and set them for compatibility mode - along with any other executables related to the program. Generally the executables will be in a Logitech folder in the Program Files folder - although there may be some in your user profile also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users