Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Virus

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kevinrp2006

kevinrp2006

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:56 AM

I am unable to send out email but I can receive. I get messages telling me outlook cannot connect to the outgoing server. Error message quotes 0x800ccc67 error. I have run RogueRemover McAfee, Spybot, Spywareblaster and Ad-Aware SE Personal but none of them have removed the problem. Can any body help me with this problem. Regards Kev

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hi kevinrp2006,

There could be many reasons why you are unable to send messages from Outlook Express.
And seeing as you are reporting this error code, it is highly unlikely that your computer has a Virus.

To try and resolve this, please take a look thru Micro$oft's KB Article; How to Troubleshoot Error Messages that you Receive when try to Send and Receive E-mail in Outlook and in Outlook Express

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 kevinrp2006

kevinrp2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:39 PM

Thanks Tmack, I am on it. Regards Kev

#4 brewzer400

brewzer400

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:39 PM

Also, you may want to contact your ISP and make sure they've not placed any blocks accepting information from any of your ports.
I know recently alot of ISP's have started placing blocks on port 25 being that it's not very secure and spam mailing programs have been using this port on peoples computers to send out massive amounts of e-mail.

Should that be the case and should you be using port 25 in your outlook outgoing, they'll probably have you switch over to port 587. and use the authentication feature as well.
One By one the penguins steal my sanity...

#5 kevinrp2006

kevinrp2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for that Brewzer. I called them and they implied it might be a spaming problem but offered me no fix. I will call them again. Thanks once again Kev

#6 brewzer400

brewzer400

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Tell them to look at the "service visibility portal" for your account it will be listed under your account service level as "tb-25" at the end of it, if this is the case.

**EDIT**
**they may not have the same terminology that we do here if you aren't using comcast, but basically you need to tell them to look at the modem for your account, they should have a way to check the history of the modem being online/offline and some way of checking signal strength through these periods as well.**

Edited by brewzer400, 02 July 2007 - 03:45 PM.

One By one the penguins steal my sanity...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users