Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mfc Sp4 Dlls Needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 will21662

will21662

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

After I start up my laptop I keep getting this message that keeps re-appearing even after I click on 'OK'.

I first downloaded an Active X ??? when I wanted to watch a video. To cut it short I ended up with a program called Dr Anti-Spy that kept tellng me that I had loads of spyware etc. It was in the taskbar and whenever a message came from it and I clicked on it, it would take me to another website that would say that I needed to purchase the full version. It also installed a toolbar.
I went to download.com and used Counter Spy, Ad-Aware 2007, Spyware Doctor & Spyware Doctor Pro to get rid of it. After that whenever I started my laptop I kept getting messages saying that certain 'Dlls' were missing. This continued for a few days and now I'm not getting those messages but keep getting the message that says 'Incorrect MFC Dlls installed on the system, minimum requirements is MFC SP4 Dlls'. Even though I click 'ok' to accept this message it keep re-appearing.
I am able to connect to the internet. My OS is Windows XP 2000 and it is a Dell laptop.

I would be gratfeul if anyone out there who has comes across this and knows what to do can assist.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

Hi will21662 and Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

Please follow these DrAntiSpy Removal Instructions.

If the Registry requires modification, always remember to back it up first.
Backing Up The Registry
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users