Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Is Driving Me Crazy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 javygirl178

javygirl178

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

Ok, I had posted this under another topic on this site about a month ago, and after a month of doing about 1000 things, my computer, while a LITTLE better, is sstill not functioning like it should...here is my original post with a couple of modifications.

I am having a major problme... My IE 6 is so slow...it has been acting up for over two months now, and no other computer on the same network is messed up like this one...so I know it is not our internet connection or router/modem. Half of the time I try to access the internet, my browser goes to "This page cannot be displayed" and when I am able to access it, it is slower than dial up...on high speed wireless, I was downloading a file at 1.5kb/s the other night...and no one else was using our bandwidth. *Update---while browsing is a LITTLE faster now, it is nothing like it used to be before this all started. I still have issues with access being super slow while every other computer on the same ISP has no problems*

One other issue I'm having...I will type in google.com and it will redirect me a few times and eventually I'll land at www.google.com.org or something weird like that. Even when I type in www.google.com it does this. After a couple of times of it doing this, it will direct me properly to google. It is just not performing like it has in the past. I have scanned for viruses, adaware, spyware etc but nothing seems to help. It has startd this about two months ago. I am not having any other type of computer problems. Just with the internet. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

*Update---here is the link to the previous post if anyone can scan through that to see what all we did to try and fix things...if anyone has any type of idea what could possibly be wrong or what could be done to fix this issue, please let me know. Thanks!!*

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/92753/problem-with-internetnetwork/

Edited by javygirl178, 30 June 2007 - 10:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users