Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wow Not Sure Where To Start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SilverM

SilverM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

Hey people. First post but hey I'll just jump right in. I have a 2006 Alienware PC with dual-core processor. I tried to install the trial version of WoW last night (should be no problem right?) It worked just fine and we played for a couple hours. but this morning my computer wouldn't start up again. I had to system restore (effectively getting rid of WoW). I didn't do anything else differently yesterday that I can recall. I am now hesitant to try to re-install WoW--do you think this is what caused the problem? Any ideas where I should start looking for problems/potential solutions. I really have no idea where to begin so any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks so much. :thumbsup:

--M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:32 PM

Is it working OK now?

You might want to use it with various programs, etc. to see if it is really "back to normal".

Anti-virus scans, spyware scans, etc. might be a good idea, too.

Did your WoW installation install anything besides the game, like an older version of DirectX, that might have caused a problem?

It may also help to know exactly what the problem or error was that you were getting.

Oops, I did it again -

:thumbsup: to the board, SilverM.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 SilverM

SilverM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the reply I'm beginning to think I'm just having some kind of more general startup issue. I'll see what I can figure out and hopefully get to play WoW at some point int he future. :thumbsup:

--M

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:59 PM

WoW is a great game (I played it for almost a year), and its software is of very high quality. Iif there were a bug in it, it would have shown up during play I would think.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

My friend had a problem with that also (using alienware)

Did you try cleaning your box out (Dust and Stuff)?

He did that and that helped him out i dont think WoW was the problem on his comp though.

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#6 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:23 AM

Can you specify a little bit about this? Does it say anything when you try to start it up. Some details would help :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users