Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Laser Printer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 melias101

melias101

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:20 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this but since it's on a network I thought I'd put it here. I have just done a maintenance kit for a HP 2200 Laserjet Printer. Everything is working great except the roller for tray #1(the one on the front of the printer) no longer turns to grab the paper. The lever kicks the paper up but the roller does nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even direction to a helpful site would be ok! The HP Laserjet 2200 is no longer supported by HP. (without costing a bundle. Thanks in advance!

(Moderator edit: moved post to more appropriate forum and added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 01 July 2007 - 04:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:51 PM

Make sure it is seated right. I think it has to snap into place - not free roll. Take the toner out of it and tilt it up. See if you see an arm sitting lose that is supposed to engage that roller.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 melias101

melias101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

Thanks Rigel, it was snapped into place, but was free rolling. The small roll pin had dropped out that locks the roller cap into place. Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users