Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Does Not Shut Down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imcraig2

imcraig2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

i have a hp pavilion ze2000 laptop i recently reinstalled window xp but know the thing keeps running after lid is closed when it is opened back up it states..... the driver for quick launch buttons is preventing form shutting down properly. may need to update driver.....problem is how do i do this

Edited by rigel, 30 June 2007 - 08:11 PM.
Moved to a more appropriate forum ~ rigel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:33 AM

First thing I would try is to see if in the Power Management the computer is set to turn the computer off when then lid is closed.
Next I would go to the HP site and look for current updates. Did you install the HP drivers when you re-installed Windows?

Software & Driver downloads
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 imcraig2

imcraig2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 03 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

no the setting are set right on th power management screen. when i close th elid and open it up i get that short message about the drivers and then goes to the blue screen of death. but it goes fast and i dont get a chance to read it then the message pops up after it starts up again about has encountered a serious error and when i try to send the report it wont allow me to. i went to that link and reinstalled the quick luanch but it still does same thing. anything else i can try

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 12:36 AM

Power management problems are often caused by corrupt video drivers. Try reinstalling your video drivers to see if that helps.

How to update a Windows hardware driver
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users