Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

360 Games

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cliver

cliver

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

Ok my tv tops out at 1080i, will that look fine or is 720p and 1080p look a lot better? It would need to be a vast difference for me to upgrade.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:24 PM

I'm not sure I can help,

but what size screen is your TV, and how far away from it do you sit when you are gaming?

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

The difference is more like in stuff like colors and clairity of the image. I can't give you an exact answer, but if your TV tops out at 1080i, you can't use 1080p. From the way your post looked, it didn't look like you knew that so just incase you didn't know, 1080p is the highest resolution out right now for TV's at least.

#4 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

Yes i know how hdtvs work, my tv suports 1080i and 480p. Thats why i said the part about upgrading(getting a new tv).

My tv is 30 inch and i sit maybe 3 to 5 feet away.

Edited by cliver, 30 June 2007 - 02:55 PM.

#5 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

At that distance, cliver, I believe you'll find the prevailing wisdom is to not spend the extra money for a 1080p screen.

I'm assuming you would purchase a new system, possibly 32", and most experts are saying that on that size screen it would be very difficult to tell the difference between a 1080 or 720 image.

I believe refresh rates become important when gaming. If you are getting fairly sharp, flicker free, smooth images with your 360, then you may not get much impovement no matter what you would buy.

Unfortunately, though, I don't have a 360, so maybe another member that uses one will be able to provide some first hand information that will be helpful to you.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#6 cliver

cliver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:32 PM

If playing on 1080i looks good i wont spend the money for a better tv. Im not a picky person hehe

#7 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

I've always believed in a mixture of :

High Contrast Ratio and Rez. for TV's (For color clairity and sharpness/crispness)

Im not very experience with HD since we just got it 1/2 year ago but playing around with the settings i didn't notice a big difference between the 2 ...
(720p & 1080i)

But when we switched over to 1080p we saw a moderate difference nothing to go crazy and fork up money for unless ur picky

(I have a 360) works and looks nice on 1080i

Edited by jball007, 02 July 2007 - 04:36 PM.

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users