Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

One computer on LAN won't connect

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_knoxvillejag_*

Guest_knoxvillejag_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:34 PM

Help--I have 2 computers on a LAN and the desktop (this one) is working fine. The laptop will not receive any packets and will not connect to the internet. The connections are tight and secure, but not sure what is wrong.

Any suggestions???

My HJT log said something like: Broken Internet access due to LSP provoder c:\windows\system32\dolsp.dll missing.

Any ideas? Please.

Lance

Edited by knoxvillejag, 23 January 2005 - 07:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:14 PM

What OS are you running on both? Are you running a router ? Is this resent or have you never connected to your LAN with this notebook before? Have you checked in the DEVICE MANAGER to see if your NIC is working properly?

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Guest_knoxvillejag_*

Guest_knoxvillejag_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 07:46 AM

I am on Windows XP pro, and yes, this is a recent problem. I have checked and the connection seems to be enabled and working fine, just won't connect.

Any suggestions?

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:08 AM

Download and run Lspfix. It usually does the trick in that situation.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 Guest_knoxvillejag_*

Guest_knoxvillejag_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:29 AM

Thanks--that is exactly what Grinler said in a different topic regarding my HJT log.

It seems to have worked. Thanks.

Now, if I can figure out how to start/activate my Checkpoint/Secure Remote so I can get into my work stuff, it will be great.

Lance

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

Can't help you with that. You might want to start a new thread. That question will get buried in here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users