Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confused...help Please

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JeFFF

JeFFF

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:53 AM

Hi I am just about to buy a case from Newegg right now. I just have a quick question.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811103011

What type of power supply does this support. I know it does take ATX. But does it support ATX12V?
There are a lot more choices under that category. Yes I'm a noooob! Sorry I didn't realize I should of made a more detailed topic.

Edited by JeFFF, 30 June 2007 - 05:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:04 AM

does it support ATX12V?

Yes.

Don't go cheap on your PSU, you get what you pay for. I like Thermaltake
and Antec. I don't know what all you are putting in the case, but I would recommend a 450 - 500 watt PSU, at least. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Edited by Wildabeast, 30 June 2007 - 06:05 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 JeFFF

JeFFF
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:12 AM

Thanks Wildabeast,

Here is what I am putting it my computer:
ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD4000AAKS 400GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
CORSAIR XMS2 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

I already have everything else. So you think a 450-500 watt PSU?

#4 melias101

melias101

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:09 PM

If your going to be using anything like PCI express or SLI 500Wt should be your minimum

#5 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

Look at thermaltake toughpower, they are good budget : high wattage PSUs
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:18 AM

Go to tigerdirect.com and about 2/3 of the way down is a link The truth about power supplies. Click on that and it has a general list of how much power each part of your computer should use. It will give an idea of big of a PSU to get. Try to get one bigger than you need, for upgrading. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#7 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:21 PM

Wildabeast:
That chart was really helpful, lol.

JeFFF:
Like most of them said, don't go cheap on a power supply. Spend no less than $40.

Regards,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users