Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Not Recognizing Nvidia 8800 Gts - Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 coryt9135

coryt9135

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

Earlier today, I installed my new Nvidia 8800GTS video card, I updated from a 7600. I had no problems. I then proceeded to install Windows Vista Home Premium edition, and when I started up my computer it is not recognizing the 8800 GTS card. It is only seeing my integrated 6150 - I went to devices and checked. I tried re-connecting the card, and scanned my computer for hardware changes but it will not pick it up. This is strange because the monitor is connected to the video card & it is working just fine (I'm using it right now). I tried installing drivers, everything. Even nTune says it is running the 6150. I'm so frustrated, I spent my entire night trying to figure this out. Would this be caused because I'm using the extra power supply cables & have them connected inside my computer? My system specs are -

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 3800+ Processor

Windows Vista Premium

3GB Ram

200 GB Memory

Nvidia 8800 GTS (not recognizing it of course)

If there's any more information you need, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

Hi corty9135, when you installed Vista did you reformat the hard drive or did you install Vista over the top of XP?
MCP
MSDST

#3 Beremat

Beremat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:51 PM

You disabled onboard video in the BIOS, right?

#4 genthore

genthore

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:05 PM

Did you switch the settings in BIOS from onboard to device? Did you uninstall everything related to display drivers and NVidia before installing new card ? does your power supply have a video card cable rather than the splitter they provide?

Edited by genthore, 13 July 2007 - 06:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users