Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do You Think Your Infected?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: do you think your infected? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

do you think your infected?

1. yes (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. no (15 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jonathan100

jonathan100

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:11 PM

if yes please tell me a story about it

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 29 June 2007 - 02:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:12 PM

What if it's no?

#3 jonathan100

jonathan100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

if no dont tell me a story

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:05 PM

Once upon a time I updated my A/V and antispywares. Then I performed a full scan . no infections in the result. I will live happily ever after... til next scan. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 TheComputerNoob

TheComputerNoob

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

Yes , I am infected, because of this virus ( Virtumondo ), I cannot play Counter-Strike !!
It causes me to lag, so I cant play the guy enjoyably.

Help?

I tried VundoFix, ViturmondoBegone

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:56 PM

Hi ComputerNoob.

Please post your virus related question in the Am I Infected? What Do I Do? Forum, so you can get help to get rid of the nasties on your computer. :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 baker1

baker1

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

Its starts with a first step,though there is so much territory that must be provided for in the formation of just what does it mean to have more than one anti-malware anti-spyware application?Though I wish mostly to suggest more than take a position outright it has occurred over time that there is much more than a willy-nilly attitude that will ultimately lead a computer user to chose one kind of anti-spyware/anti-malware application as to another kind of anti-spyware anti-malware application.Something of a case in point, I recently purchased CounterSpy V2 from the Sunbelt Software company of Clearwater,Florida.Though I knew that I had problems the Counterspy was installed, over a few days time I was to scan with full service ability coming up without any detections at all.There was no Spyware as such in my Dell Inspiron 2200 Laptop Computers data base or so it seemed.I would suggest here for starters that always when reporting these kinds of information never allow the preliminary type of information to be worthy of an outright position because odds are there will be detections soon enough if not almost immediately by merely another scan.I scanned three times in all before there was a find had by Counterspy that surprised me in as much by its severity as well as how it was able to get into my computer.Counterspy reported with a rather serious communication that a Mini Commercial Key Log was detected.Indeed it was so serious a find that I went to a resource to assist in determining how to place the significance of this detection.This is one of the advantages one kind of anti-spyware application may in fact have over another kind of anti-spyware application and that would be a virtual library of information whereby the ability to place this detection was now gaining ground.I found out first and foremost that the Author of this MiniKey Log was blue-series and the Authors URL was blue-series.de.Its initial release date was Sept.05,2006 with what appears to be an important update occurring on May 21,2007.I attempted to delete the find only to sense that I would see it again.However I managed to scan clean once maybe twice before it appeared again. This time I knew that time had to be used as an ally so I placed the detected Mini Commercial Key Logger in quarantine.CounterSpy V2 approved of this and this is the time when I started to do the research which is present here about how to get rid of this detected malware.I was also able to reach some preliminary findings knowing that though the detection reappeared it may not of merely been a single file and that was one of the reasons why I needed to think seriously of perhaps an edit of the registry.The capable information that CounterSpy V2 had at its command was a true help and this is why,The actual find consisted of two .exe files with three .dlls and one system driver,a total of 6 files were required to be deleted and all at the same time in order to delete this malware.Here are the actual files %desktopdirectory%\MiniKeyLog.exe %System%\mklmon10.dll %system%\mklmon20.dll %System%\mklmon32.dll %System%\mklmon32.exe mchInjDrv.sys I turned to another resource referring to chapter 6 under The Windows Registry Upgrading and Repairing Microsoft Windows by Scott Mueller and Brian Knittel compliments of Que Publishing which provided me with access to the registry using Registry Editor.Well it worked as soon as my information was able to identify the System Driver when I clicked on it,the registry editor asked if I was sure I wanted to delete all the files that system driver(mchInjDrv.sys) was associated with,I clicked yes and though I knew if I was wrong disaster would strike .It worked and I'am happy to be able to post as to this particular event and its aftermath.(one of the key elements in the ability to successfully deal with this malware detection had to do with the anti-spyware data base that CounterspyV2 provided and one other note I had different information from other quarters as to the file names exactly as such and it was the defining quality that allowed for a very neat deletion which I gave a credible position to as it was critical when it came to the correct choice of which file was which.The most recent scan by both Spyware Eraser from Uniblue and Counterspy V2 from Sunbelt have come up with no spyware malware on my computer.Till the next scan!

#8 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:09 AM

Dances happily with Tux and the GNU. Virus free.

Posted Image

#9 idk

idk

• Members
  • 302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:15 AM

Once upon a time I got FireFox and never got infected again.

#10 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:25 AM

Yes
Currently I am infected with some fake reg entries which keeps coming back (Oreans)
Tried every Anti-Malware product in the internet that can stop the duplication of this annoying infection
But sadly,I haven't found one yet..Trying to hold out as long as I could until I can disinfect my pc
So I'm quite stuck with this infection..probably until the next clean swipe of my PC although doing a HJT log right now

Edited by Commander Gman, 27 August 2007 - 04:27 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#11 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:53 AM

I don't think I am - all various scans say I'm OK, but... who knows?

This Who doesn't.

I would note, however, that both BlackSpyder and idk, above, could be.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#12 spacekitten

spacekitten

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:28 PM

I think this cut on my finger is infected. :thumbsup:

#13 baker1

baker1

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:15 AM

It is a very interesting development when the extent to which our capacity to utilize computer know how is underpinned by good reliable Search and Research information.In the July 2007 edition of http://www.smartcomputing.com magazine appearing on pages 80 & 81 under TECH SUPPORT written by Rachel Derowitsch.The article is entitled, What to do When...You Encounter An Unfamiliar File.There is listed" Three excellent resources for this are the Smart Computing File Extension(www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/FileExt.aspx, Wotsit.org(www.wotsit.org),and FILExt[filext.com]These sites offer an alphabetical list of file extensions,explaining what the extension stands for and the program(s) with which the file is created or used.""We found an informative site for learning about executrable files and distinguishing between the good,the bad,and the unnecessary.The Uniblue Process Library(www.processlibrary.com)lists and defines executable files that are a legitimate part of Windows and other programs,such as drivers,as well as those that pose security risks and shouldn't be on your system.You can use this library freely.One further digression there is further reference to FileAdvisor,a free search engine you can download from Bit9(www.bit9.com/products/fileadvisor.php) or use on the Web (fileadvisor.bit9.com/services/search.aspx)With FileAdvisor,you get all the advantages offerred by the other Web sites and tools we've mentioned from one source."It was unmistakable to me how important this kind of information can ultimately prove to be .

Edited by baker1, 31 August 2007 - 12:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users