Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Graphics In Games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jball007

jball007

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

Hello all,

I have a question which i have been asking many people as of late.

My games have been showing problems with 3D lines around characters, scratches in the shadows, the game showing little red pixels also.

Im not sure if this question is a good idea for the Game section but maybe since it involves games maybe somebody can help me.

I just recently reconfigured my hard drive and reinstalled windows XP on my computer.

I installed only 1 game this time and my problem still continues.

I have checked all my cords on the PSU and the connections to everything, i have taken my whole setup apart and put back together, i have great airflow in my box and nothing gets to heated.

I have a ATI 1950XT 512mb graphics card and i have the drivers updated.

Everything from DVD's to just my general screen when i boot up work fine.

But i still cannot find what could be the dilema for my games having this prob?

If anybody could help that would be great!

Thanks,
Jake

"I Came to Bring The Pain"

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jball007

jball007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:55 AM

Here is some more info:

Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive: 150 GB 10,000 RPM
Video Card: Radeon X1950 Series
Monitor: SAMSUNG 5ms Refresh 1000:1 Contrast 1280x1076 Rez
Sound Card: SoundMAX HD Audio *MOBO SOUND*
Speakers/Headphones: Gaming Headphones + Logitec 5:1 system
Keyboard: Logitech USB Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech Gaming mouse
Mouse Surface: POWER SOURCE- 750w w/ 4 - 12v rails~!
Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Posted Image

System: Core 2 Duo @ 2.44, Asus WIFI P5B mobo, Radeon 1950XT gcard, 2x1GB Memory, LITE-ON x2 DVD/CD drives, Aerocool Case, AOC FC-2000 PCI Slot Case Cooler, AeroCool 92mm Heatsink W/2 80m Fans Mounted on it, (3) 120m Fans on Case, (1) 220m Fan on Case, 150g HDD 10K RPM (For random stuff), 75G HDD 15k RPM (For Gaming)... Thermaltake (4) 12v rail PSU...THE END!!

#3 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

you check the temperatures on the card, im guessing you have good cooling for a system like that, i had a similar problem back than and its because my video card was overheating... dunno just a though my friend, Take care
~Roadblock~

#4 jball007

jball007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

you check the temperatures on the card, im guessing you have good cooling for a system like that, i had a similar problem back than and its because my video card was overheating... dunno just a though my friend, Take care
~Roadblock~

Yea it might be that i'll have to check it out .. thx bud

If anybody else has any ideas i'd appreciate it!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users