Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"stack Overflow At Line 0"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cyg

Cyg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

Hi,
I'm new here and this is my first post.
I've seen this "stack overflow at line 0" many times many moons ago - two operating systems back (Win95 for me). to my memory this is the first time I've seen it while using WinXP (sp2). Occurs only when my browser cannot load a page due, I initially asumed, to the site being down - as oft-times happens. However, this has been occurring everytime foe several days now. this warning also pops up whenever I open a new page though it does nothing to impede its loading.
No harm seems to occur, or has occurred a a result of this "stack overflow" but it's annoying nevertheless.
my questions are what in blazes does "stack overflow at line 0" mean? what causes it? does it lead to, or hint at, a more serious problem, and what can I do about it?
given that no real harm appears to be done I don't guess this topic will receive much interest, but I hope someone will be willing to help me understand the situation at least.
thanks vey much in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:42 AM

Here's a Microsoft Article on it. See if it helps.

#3 Cyg

Cyg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

thanks. I'm not sure it does. I don't use this "Mshta.exe" that the article's fix applies to, and I have IE7 - not 6, though the broswer I use, Slimbrowser, piggybacks IE.
also, the only "modal dialog box" I have open at the time of the "stack overflow" warning is the warning itself, so it is not due to there being too many open.
according to the article, the "fix" simply increases the size of the "stack file" in this Mshta.exe program (that I don't have) - is there any way I can manually increase the size of the "stack file" in IE or do I need a software fix?

#4 whatelse60

whatelse60

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

i am soooo pc illiterate...i read the article and didn't understand it...i just keep getting an error thing that says stack overflow on line 29...i've done cache/clear files...if i shut down and restart, it works..sometimes for the day and sometimes for an hour ...i don't know what to do and i don't speak pc....if i've written this wrong, please forgive me...thank you for any help i can get..this is my first post other than hello..will have to learn as i go....thanks again..debbie..

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi Debbie and welcome to the forum!

Your post is in a thread that is about three years old and has had a lot of views but few responses.
Would you please start a new thread so that it will get the attention that it deserves.
Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible. For example what were you doing at the time, can it be duplicated etc

Also please provide the make and model of your computer
The more information you can provide the better

We dont want your post to become overlooked because it is an old thread!

Thanks!!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

It would also be helpful if you would let us know which browser you are using at the time as I believe this error is browser specific. Internet Explorer? If so which version? Internet Explorer 7 or 8 or an older one? If you aren't sure, open Internet Explorer, click on Help then About Internet Explorer.

If it only happens on certain websites, then tell us what site that is.

When you do start your own topic, please post back here with a link so we know where you are and can help you there. If you aren't familiar with forums either, you might want to browse in New User Orientation.

If you have any problems at all, it is OK to post back to this thread until we get you straightened out. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users