Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 98se Dont Reconized My Dvd R/w Bios Does?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hguzman

Hguzman

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

Hello to Everyone.

After I read the post related to DVD reconition problem for Win 98SE, I guess my problem is unique.

Litter bit of history, I had an old computer running Win 98SE. It was fine but a friend of mine need it a computer so I gave it to him but I kept the IDE hard drives. I went out and bouth me a barebone Computer without the hard drive. So now I have new CPU (3.6Ghz) with DVD R/W with the old IDE Hard drive.

Well my problem is that BIOS reconized my DVD drive but when windows boot up, it does not. So I cant installed the proper drivers.

Any suggestion?????? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:51 PM

Are you expecting to install the hard drive with everything on it including W98 and just start computing? You'd be better off doing a fresh install, but you will loose all the info on the drive. Are you able to get online with the machine? You can download the drivers from the mfg's website and install that way
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Hguzman

Hguzman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:24 PM

I start a new installation but in the middler of it it gave me this message saying that some child do not suppor FAT 32 or something like that. I do not remember the whole message but that was the idea. THe problem is that I cant installed the lan driver to connect to internet. SO im stuck. Unless I down load to a USB flash drive and then use it from there since i have a laptop that work in internet.

I need the DVD drive for win 98se?

please advice when you can and thanks for you help.....

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

Here's a link that should explain it fairly easy putergeek.com
You'll need to download a bootdisk to a floppy you can get it here bootdisk.com Use the ME bootdisk
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:44 PM

How are these drives jumpered and cabled?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

why are you running 98? w, a 3.6ghz proccesorr run vista for gods sake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users