Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 flopadop

flopadop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:28 AM

Hi,
Just wandering if anyone can help me with Photoshop CS2, I have been using this program for over 6 months. I havent had any trouble till now, I can't get in, it freezes every time I try to open it. I have done a disk cleanup, deleted cookies and defragmented. And still cannot get in, going quite bananas..... Does anyone have any ideas???
Thank you for your time...
:thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:54 AM

I'm not a PhotoShop user so all I can offer you is the link to their support site.

PhotoShop Support

Edited by Bear, 29 June 2007 - 03:55 AM.

Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#3 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:16 AM

One way to cure a lot of problems in Photoshop is to trash your prfrences folder and then recreate it.
May help.

#4 JoshT

JoshT

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

Are you running any other programs while trying to open CS2? I use PS 7.0, and before I Upped my ram, it took about four minutes for it to load. Is your computer older?

-JoshT

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:11 PM

Hi,
Just wandering if anyone can help me with Photoshop CS2, I have been using this program for over 6 months. I havent had any trouble till now, I can't get in, it freezes every time I try to open it. I have done a disk cleanup, deleted cookies and defragmented. And still cannot get in, going quite bananas..... Does anyone have any ideas???
Thank you for your time...
:flowers: :trumpet:

Have you installed something recently, or have you changed drive letters on a HDD? I've had this issue and it was caused by me changing drive letters on one of my hdd's that I had set up for PS to use as a scratch disk. Trashing your preferences like alumbagh said would be the easiest place, and best place to start. Start up PS like normal-then as quick as you can hold down ctrl+alt+shift (Control + Alt + Shift) and hold them until you get a pop up window asking if you're sure you want to delete the photoshop settings-click yes. Hold down the ctrl+alt+shift as quick as you can after you start photoshop (start it by double clicking a shortcut on your desktop then immediately press ctrl+alt+shift and hold until you get that pop up).

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users