Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Woman Wins 29k For Being Arrested For Topless Stroll

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

This is sad. I thought it would be speak easy type material.

A woman in new york went topless in the park and was arrested. She was held for 12 hours before being let go.
In new york there is no law against going topless for women only the lower parts have to be covered. Supposedly anywhere a man can go like a park or the local new york beaches.

She got 29k for a settlement.

http://www.charlotte.com/120/story/164215.html

Should women be allowed to go topless where a man can like on beaches and parks or does this "equality" rights they keep asking for a bunch of hogwash because men and women are different up there?

They do go topless in europe....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

They do go topless in europe....

Spent a lot of time in Europe, have you? :thumbsup:

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

Spent a lot of time in Europe, have you?

Nope just what I have read....Personally I think they are CRAZY if they do that there! Can anyone say yuck???

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:10 PM

And you believe everything you read?

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

And you believe everything you read?

Cows...were you referring to topless beaches? Or women walk around wherever they want, topless...

Edited by jwinathome, 29 June 2007 - 12:13 PM.

#6 thewall

thewall

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

In response to the original question: I believe women should be allowed to go topless if they so desire, but can I reserve the right to sue them if I have an accident resulting from the obvious distractions it would cause me? :thumbsup:
If I have helped you then please consider donating so I can continue the fight against malware Posted Image
All donations go directly to the helper

Posted Image

Due to the large amount of backlogs we have I cannot respond to PMs for help unless I am already working with you

#7 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:23 PM

For myself, there is a lot of 'sadness' involved in this story. Sad that the Police officer(s) weren't aware of the law stating she wasn't breaking any law within their State and perhaps because of this, subjected her to humiliating treatment ...and sad that it took 12 hours before she was finally released (wonder if it took that long to discover that what she'd done wasn't illegal) - because how one personally feels about this issue, she was not breaking any law.

But most of all, I think you've brought up an extremely good topic, CGM.

Legalties aside for the moment ...

We were all born nude. Little ones parade around on the beach happily nude as can be and few, if any object. At what age does our society, in general, start to think a baby to old for this and he or she would wear 'appropriate attire'?

And even younger than that, if we put male and female children together - both nude as can be - neither will think it "yuck" or even odd - chances are they will do some fast comparing and move on to other things far more important, like seeing who can stuff more pebbles in their ears.

But to your question: "Should women be allowed to go topless where a man can like on beaches and parks or does this "equality" rights they keep asking for a bunch of hogwash because men and women are different up there?"

I'm asking this with sincerely and respect ... is finding a women walking around topless truly 'yuck' in the physical or natural sense of the word - or 'yuck' because this is a response we have been taught.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#8 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

I'm asking this with sincerely and respect ... is finding a women walking around topless truly 'yuck' in the physical or natural sense of the word - or 'yuck' because this is a response we have been taught.

I kinda think it is "whoopee!",

but that's just me.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

If you go out in public your supposed to wear clothes. Otherwise why are we spending $20 for t-shirts? I like them as much as the next guy (and in my travels Ive seen plenty of free shows on the interstate, the downward and blind spot mirrors on a semi when properly aligned can see into the car beside them, just a warning for everyone who didnt know) but have some self respect and cover them up. I dont go out without a shirt on even going to the pool I wear a shirt, I expect the same out of others.

Posted Image

#10 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

My question wasn't intended as a 'bait' or anything - honest!

I laughed when I read your words, JohnWho :thumbsup: and that's one of the reasons I think 'nude beaches' are so important. I have nothing at all about people having a great time at one of them - or, for that matter, if I'm in another country where it's prevelant (can't spell today) in many public areas as, after all, I'm a guest in their country.

For myself, I'm one of those people with society imposed values - in fact, I have a heck of a time not turning beet red when a young mother whips her breast out to feed her baby at the table next to me in a restaurant. Yes, I know she has the right to do so but I always have this huge huge urge to offer her a napkin to show a little discretion rather than full breast.

Nearly every society thinks nude little kids running around the beach are cute and just fine. (I used to think so too until a wee stranger came bouncing over to say hi and in his excitement promptly peed on our watermelon! )

Some societies insist that all body parts be completely covered and ours, well in general, I think most may prefer we keep some of our public decorum intact, including covering most body parts in general public.

Do wonder what started the 'wear clothes at all times' though?
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#11 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

For myself, there is a lot of 'sadness' involved in this story. Sad that the Police officer(s) weren't aware of the law stating she wasn't breaking any law within their State and perhaps because of this, subjected her to humiliating treatment ...and sad that it took 12 hours before she was finally released (wonder if it took that long to discover that what she'd done wasn't illegal) - because how one personally feels about this issue, she was not breaking any law.

But most of all, I think you've brought up an extremely good topic, CGM.

Legalties aside for the moment ...

We were all born nude. Little ones parade around on the beach happily nude as can be and few, if any object. At what age does our society, in general, start to think a baby to old for this and he or she would wear 'appropriate attire'?

And even younger than that, if we put male and female children together - both nude as can be - neither will think it "yuck" or even odd - chances are they will do some fast comparing and move on to other things far more important, like seeing who can stuff more pebbles in their ears.

But to your question: "Should women be allowed to go topless where a man can like on beaches and parks or does this "equality" rights they keep asking for a bunch of hogwash because men and women are different up there?"

This is just a personal opinion of course...I happen to be fond of my wife's...you know...I don't want an excuse to admire other women. Of course, lust would be an issue. And again, personally, I would rather a law be passed for men to not be able to expose their chest, rather than women be allowed to. I think there would be a lot more sexual crimes if the latter were to happen.

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

I was talking like on the beaches in some places in europe and local parks I read too. Not just on the street.

When they realize they are naked and they start to notice "differences" in males and females.

I like them as much as the next guy

Well mara I agree with what was said above. All guys like them. The femnists say we should somehow "make" boobs not sexual and they be just like a arm or hand in public.

I dont think they are "yuck" but to me it seems to show they dont care about their bodies and will show it to anyone. If they want a tan "there" do it in your backyard....

So lets just ask the guys here for fun.

No matter how many times you seen "em" you never get tired of seeing them now do you? This in relation to what the femnists want.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 29 June 2007 - 08:31 PM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,464 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

Cgm, Our recognition that nudity is not the social norm is not normal, we teach our children that it is otherwise they would never know. There are people in third world countries who don't wear clothes and pay no attention to their nudity as it is the accepted norm.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#14 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

Cgm, Our recognition that nudity is not the social norm is not normal, we teach our children that it is otherwise they would never know. There are people in third world countries who don't wear clothes and pay no attention to their nudity as it is the accepted norm.

Yes....and they have sex pushed on them 24/7 just like America through television, Internet, advertising, etc....right?

Oh...no. Never mind.

Do they have any kind of sexual abuse in those third world countries? Of course, depending on what country you are talking about, sometimes they sew women up, or mutilate them. Yeah, I get your point. They don't pay attention at all.

#15 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

The truth is most american adolecent do not get any real talking to about certain things in a sexual aspect, and therefore have uncontrollable urges, now haveing a young woman walking down the street topless with current adolecents would be inviting trouble. I think we were all born naked, thats fine, but exposing your body parts for all to see just encourages dirty thoughts, therefore women just like men should have to wear a shirt, or at least a bra (ohh yeah that goes for us guys too :thumbsup: ). I believe that if your truely interested in founding a strong relationship with someone else, a bond like love, that You shouldn't even be thinking about body parts but what's in your mind and hers. In other words eyes off the body parts and instead form a true relationship and to stay true to your loved one.

(NOTE: I meant eyes off, I have edited to reflect this)

Edited by ussr1943, 29 June 2007 - 10:57 PM.

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users