Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opinions On Object Desktop?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ravie13

Ravie13

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

I downloaded the Object Desktop for the PC (which basically changes the look of your desktop/icons/boot screen/etc.) and am using a trial version. (http://www.wincustomize.com)

I like it and the looks/skins I can download but I'm having a lot of program errors in programs like Internet Explorer / Windows Explorer / iTunes / etc. I don't know if one has to do with the other but since my system is brand new I'm just looking to place the blame. I'm running Windows XP Professional and it's completely updated but I'm still having a lot of program errors on a system that is starting with a clean slate.

I installed the Object Desktop not long after pulling the system out of the box so I'm wondering if it's the program or the computer that's wonky. (Or the operating system.)

Anyone have any good or bad experience with this application?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

Usually most the the skin changes almost always have bugs and glitches... Atleast from what i know and the ones i have tried i have similar errors, try to find another one if its get too much of a nuissance thats wut i had to do :thumbsup:... most of my programs the writting was displayed in white so i couldnt see what i was clicking on :flowers:.. anyways hope it helps

#3 Ravie13

Ravie13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:09 AM

Yeah I found that problem with a lot of the designs. I finally found one that is great on the eyes.

#4 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 04 July 2007 - 09:49 AM

I had trouble with ObjectDock doing strange things too so I switched to RocketDock.
http://www.redsofts.com/soft/86/33292/RocketDock.html

Then I found this suggestion from a member (1101doc) here.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74436/the-best-desktop-ever/
This works very well for me and I have done away with all the dock programs. I now have 3 taskbars running.

Here is a desktop screenshot with 2 of the 3 taskbars showing.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/wil...JuneDesktop.jpg

(sorry about the desktop pic, it's the only screenshot I have with the taskbars showing.)

EDIT-
Just noticed that the program in question was Object Desktop not ObjectDock. Feel free to ignore my response.

Edited by wildchild2, 04 July 2007 - 09:51 AM.

Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#5 Ravie13

Ravie13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:54 AM

Actually I'm using ObjectDock also so that was helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users