Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comodo Firewall Problem?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Falls

Falls

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:46 PM

Free Comodo Firewall on XP,

I get home from work my wife tells me the computer has been acting strange and that she "scanned it with every thing we have to scan it with" now she isnt one for actually reading instructions so I was afraid.

Now as i sit here my firewall absolutely will not come on, and indeed there is a strange "lag" in operations outside of the browser...

Suggestions as to what might be keeping comodo from coming up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

If your wife scanned the hard drive with "everything" and that included a registry cleaner, that may be the cause of the problem. Now if not, and the other applications she used found "something" and put it in quarantine, you can always restore it.
By Comodo not coming up, do you mean that it will not lauch, even if you click on its shortcut?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Falls

Falls
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

Well, yes I mean it wouldnt open from anywhere none of the shortcuts or where it was actually saved...so I went about for around fiddling(not something I like to do given my lack of knowledge) and got it back.

Perhaps I wrong about this but I got the impression the trouble was caused by to low memory...when i did my reinstall of the XP a bout a week ago (also when I got Comodo which is why i know nothing about it) I didnt reinstall cacheman.

It just slipped my mind...after finding this site I was reluctant to install anything while trying to rid myself of malware and what not that had persisted...or reinfected my computer after the reinstall.

I have not installed cacheman bak on the computer...would something like that be good idea to get back on...and more importantly could that have been causing the program not to fire up?

#4 pro-n00b

pro-n00b

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:14 PM

sorry if this is not on topic ... but if your having problems with comodo just reinstall it ... i had a few stupid problems with it and i reinstalled and it worked fine

try that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users