Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brontok,c

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mysterrymann

mysterrymann

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

I Have been infected by the worm Brontok,c. Was searching with Yahoo and found this site where some one else had the same problem. Am at present doing a BitDefender Online scan and it showing 5 plus hours to completion. I would be most grateful for any help to get rid of this worm. At present it doesnt seem to be slowing down my pc or causing any wierd things to happen but my anti virus checker kept finding it and reporting it. I was using antvir it found the worm but every time I put it in quarrantine a moment later it popped up again. I then tried a few trial anti virus programms but they also had a negligable effect. I read the other post about getting rid of this worm and it seems the first thing is to get a BitDefender Online scan done then post the result here. I will post the results from the Bitdefender as soon as its finished. Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:12 PM

Hi mysterrymann,

The Brontok worm spreads by sending itself to email addresses harvested from the affected computer. It removes the option of "Folder Options" in the Tools menu so that the hidden files, where it is concealed, are not easily accessible to the user.

If BitDefender doesn't totally get rid of this Virus, please read the topic Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and then post your Hijack Log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users