Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

linksys wusb11 vs 2.6 hassles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Les

Les

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:03 PM

hey all!

wonder if you can suggest a solution? Just installed a brand new WRT54GS wireless router. Previously (don't scorn me! :thumbsup:) I had a MS MN 500 that worked great. Yeah, yeah---nothing major on speed and all; but great for our use: online gaming.

Scenario:

Main machine downstairs is wired to this router
Machine #2 uses linksys WUSB11 vs 2.6 B
Machine #3 use Belking 54G PCI card

Problem: cannot install drivers for the linksys WUSB card---period, either from cd-rom or download. Windows is handling all drivers and we're getting disconnects from the game, weird problems launching IE and so forth.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks
Les

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 04:29 PM

Just posted a little about this on your Hijackthis log. Lets use this topic to move forward on it.

Here were my questions from the previous post:

When you get kicked off, does your wireless adapter show no signal or does the signal still look strong?

What happens when you try to install the drivers? Have you tried the driver here:

http://www.linksys.com/download/driver.asp?dlid=69

Btw, you can fix the AT&T entries in your log

#3 Les

Les
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

when trying to install the drivers it flashes as though it trying to load, but nothing happens. when playing the online game ( city of heros) i will get booted completely off the internet, i have to mannualy go in and reconnect. happens randomly, i changed my virtual memory to 1024 stayed on line longer, but it just booted me agian. Any ideas? Thanks

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2004 - 10:47 PM

Are all the machines having problem or just the one with the wusb11?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users