Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Completely Freezes After Installation Of Certain Programs ...help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 homerfan13

homerfan13

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:11 PM

Hello this is my first time using this forum and i really hope it helps cause im in some serious desperation.

I just bought a new motherboard and cpu and i am encountering some issues.

here are my specs

3.4 Ghz HT Intel PRocessor, Geforce 7600 GS 512 MB DDR2, 1 gig ddr2 ram, and I cant seem to get my 250 gig sata to work on the system now either.

Heres my question

EVerything seems to be running fine after i installed windows XP sp 2 on my harddrive, after i install my PCI network adaptor my computer will randomly completely freeze, cant move the mouse or anything. Whats different with this is that i know it is not spywhere because it will freeze before it even connects to the internet. and i just wiped out my harddrive and put XP on again so i know its not spywhere. I also know its not the harddrive because i retried it with different harddrives and it did the same thing. Im thinking it might have to do with the XP installation and there might be a corrupt file or something.

Thanks so much

-Brendan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

How to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP should get you started in finding out what is causing your problem and narrowing your troubleshooting focus. If you can give us some specifics from your logs we will be better able to help.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 homerfan13

homerfan13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Thanks, It seems to be telling me that all the .msi installations cant find a file that it needs. THis is what the error report says when i tried to install and play Gothic three: Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable -- Error 1723.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action SxsInstallCA, entry: CustomAction_SxsMsmInstall, library: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI22E.tmp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users