Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remember My Password!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ollylock

ollylock

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

I have a VERY annoying probelm.

My Account Settings are set to "Remember Password" tick.

My Account is set to refresh (Send/Receive) every few minutes.

Everytime it does so (if I send or receive), the email password prompter for Hotmail Appears with the 'Password Remember' box UNticked. I tick it and pres OK, but the box appears about every 3 minutes.

According to all my settings, it is set to remember my password, but evidently it continues to prompt me for my password every few minutes.

Furthermore, I have sent 2 emails in the last hour, with no attachments, just a few KB each, and both are still sitting idly in my Outbox. Why!!!???

This problem has been exacerbated in the last few days for some reason.

I would praise the person who can reconcile this for me.

THANK YOU!

P.S. I use XP Home and Office 2007

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:37 AM

I would say this is a issue with the saved password in your email client and the password used for hotmail. If the password in the email client is saved as an old password evertime it tries to reconnect it will use that saved password. It will then prompt you from hotmail to enter the correct password. I would have a look at the mail section in control panel and change the saved password in you email client i.e outlook express.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users