Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.NET passport temporarily disabled all the time!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 babygirl

babygirl

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 23 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

for the last 4 days everytime i have tried to sign into msn i get

"we could not sign you in to msn messenger because there is a problem with your .net passport"

then i close it or click ok and it opens internet explorer telling me that my account has been temporarily disabled because of too many unsuccessful sign in attempts :thumbsup:

i know its not because of me because i know my password and can sign in sometimes if i keep trying but it gets frustrating with this message coming up everytime and opening the browser everytime!

i would think it was some idiot trying to guess my password A LOT, but for 4 days straight?? i dont think so :flowers:

i did change my password when this first started happening and it didnt do anything. ive sent an email to the net passport help thingy and they suggested i change my password - but i dont understand how this will help my account from being disabled from too many password guesses.

msn will sign in sometimes but its very rare right now and im sick of typing my password over and over again lol. i really dont want to make a new hotmail account because i have a lot of contacts.

i dont know what to do and im hoping theres some way i can find out how this is happening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:40 AM

I had heard that MSN was having some problems these past few days. Are you still having problems?

#3 babygirl

babygirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:13 AM

yeah, its still happening.

i even contacted the passport people and all they do is explain different ways to reset my password :thumbsup:

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 04:24 PM

Download firefox and see if the problem occurs in that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users