Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low Virtual Memeory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 henry99

henry99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hi, I am a new member, hello everyone. I have a problem and I could do with some help, please. I am running window's xp. I keep getting a message saying i am running low on virtual memory, low drive space is not the reason. I HAVE GONE TO TASK MANAGER AND FOUND A PROGRAMME THAT SEEMS TO BE TAKING A LOT OF MEMORY: NETVISION.EXE. Does anyone know what this proggrame is? and why it's taking so much memory? HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. BEST WISHES, hENRY99

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikas

Nikas

• Members
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Hi henry99 and welcome to BC!

Take a look at this thread. It address your current problem.

Unfortunately, you are infected with malware. Take a look at Netvision.exe

I suggest you to do a online scan.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report
If you still feeling unsafe, then take a look at this

#3 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:38 AM

Hi, I am a new member, hello everyone. I have a problem and I could do with some help, please. I am running window's xp. I keep getting a message saying i am running low on virtual memory, low drive space is not the reason. I HAVE GONE TO TASK MANAGER AND FOUND A PROGRAMME THAT SEEMS TO BE TAKING A LOT OF MEMORY: NETVISION.EXE. Does anyone know what this proggrame is? and why it's taking so much memory? HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. BEST WISHES, hENRY99

Hey henry99, welcome to BleepingComputer.

Netvision.exe is more than likely malicious software. There are some wonderful people on the board that can help you with getting rid of any infections on your computer. To get started, follow the directions that are listed --> here. <--

Then post the hijackthislog in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users