Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Svchost.exe For Win 2003 Web Edition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oneinc

oneinc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:13 AM

Hello all,
I am running Win 2003 Web Edition hosting about 100 sites on my server. I have 9 svchost.exe running using almost 200,000k of ram.

Image Name PID Services
========================= ======== ============================================
svchost.exe 892 DcomLaunch
svchost.exe 972 RpcSs
svchost.exe 1028 Dhcp
svchost.exe 1052 Alerter, LmHosts, W32Time
svchost.exe 1096 AeLookupSvc, AppMgmt, Browser, CryptSvc, dmserver, EventSystem, HidServ, lanmanserver, lanmanworkstation, Netman, Nla, Schedule, seclogon, SENS, ShellHWDetection, TrkWks, winmgmt, wuauserv

svchost.exe 1616 ERSvc
svchost.exe 612 RemoteRegistry
svchost.exe 2816 W3SVC
svchost.exe 1380 TermService

Any suggestions on anything I need to do or can do?

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

Thats about right lol. SVChost serves a whole lot of services for your system. Lets see, you have DCOM, DHCP server, Alerts and time management, terminal Services, Remoteregistry for terminal services, application management. As long as your server has enough memory (at least 1-2 GB) you should be fine.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 oneinc

oneinc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:51 AM

Thats about right lol. SVChost serves a whole lot of services for your system. Lets see, you have DCOM, DHCP server, Alerts and time management, terminal Services, Remoteregistry for terminal services, application management. As long as your server has enough memory (at least 1-2 GB) you should be fine.

Ok thanks. I wasnt sure if there was anything I could stop running to cut back on resources. I have 2gigs of ram.

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users