Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vanishing Hidden Folder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jmvince

jmvince

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:11 AM

Hi,

I am not a very computer savvy person. I have a nephew who is good with computers and I think he has played with my system in such a way that I am unable to recover a hidden folder. Once I hide it, when I need it again, I am unable to get it as it does not show when unhide option is used. Can somebody help me, as I do not ask my nephew.
Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SALAHUDDIN DAR

SALAHUDDIN DAR

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:26 AM

hi dear
you need to manually unhide your files follow this PATH=TOOLS-->FOLDER OPTIONS-->VIEW-->Select SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS.

this way you can unhide your any hidden file on your system...

cheers

#3 jmvince

jmvince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:29 AM

Dar Ji,

If u carefully read my posting, I have clearly mentioned that I have used the unhide option. The file does not appear inspite of using it. Do you have any new solution?
Cheers

#4 Bear

Bear

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:49 AM

Dar Ji,

If u carefully read my posting, I have clearly mentioned that I have used the unhide option
. The file does not appear inspite of using it. Do you have any new solution?
Cheers

There is no need to be sarcastic or rude, the member above was just trying to help you. See the article below and see if the information there is helpful to you.

How To Take Ownership of Files and Folders in Windows XP

Keep us posted on your progress.

Posted Image

My System Specs

Comptia A+, Network + & MCP certified.

#5 jmvince

jmvince
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:53 AM

Dear Bear,

Thanks for your post. Probably you've given me a solution. Kindly bear with me for a couple of days till I try it out and revert.
As for sarcasm and being rude, I dont need to justify my posting, it is clear and is in order.

Cheers,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users