Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Games At Safe Sites

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alice*in*wonderland

alice*in*wonderland

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:03 AM

I have just spent a considerable amount of money cleaning up my computer. :flowers: It was inundated with trojans, viruses, hijackers, spyware etc which I believe came from the "less than desirable/safe" sites frequented by my 14 year old. :thumbsup:

He enjoys playing WOW and has been using Limewire (he was devastated to find out that Limewire isn't a safe site). I really don't know what is safe or unsafe and I don't want to be unnecessarily paranoid - can anyone suggest some good game and music sites that would be safe to use?

I know he wants to buy some games (counterstrike source) from "Steam", is this an OK site/game?

Edited by alice*in*wonderland, 28 June 2007 - 04:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 evilmonkeyz

evilmonkeyz

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:42 AM

WoW and Steam are 100% legit.
If life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, then find a buddy that life gave him vodka and throw a party!!

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:25 AM

I wouldn't say Steam is a site. It has a website, but Steam itself is a program you download and install that allows you to purchase and play the games available for it. It's not bad, but it of course kind of requires as broadband internet connection for downloading games, updates, and security anti-piracy stuff it does.

#4 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:40 PM

There is a thread at the top of the game forum here on this site which gives a decent amount of free games CLICK HERE
You will not like me if I'm angry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users