Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shiftplusone

shiftplusone

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:41 PM

I know, this may not seem like a Vista problem, but I NEVER came up with this problem with XP.
I have a Hanns-G 19" wide screen, and a 7900GT KO (I guess these are the 2 things I should be concerned about aside from vista). I have updated and installed the latest drivers.

Here's my deal. Certain games have this happen at different times. My screen goes into this sort of diagonal fuzzy screen, with just some of the basic colors of my background, or whatever should be occupying the screen at that time. It's pretty hard to describe, but it looks like a less detailed version of when you set your refresh rate for you monitor to something ridiculous.

With Call Of Duty 2, it starts almost instantly when the game boots. Battlefield 2, it messes up when I exit the game. Hitman, nothing. Diablo 2, nothing. It's really annoying because I can't see a single thing obviously, and I have to restart to stop it.

I put it in the Vista part because it never occured with XP, and I was wondering if there were certain settings I needed to put my computer at with Vista to maybe make it work differently.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

Hi, these games are not intended to run on Vista......try this, right click on the desktop icon, select properties and compatibility mode......it might work.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users