Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lucyb8

lucyb8

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi! I am new here, and I need some major help!!! On June 21 I installed Sims 2, Sims University, Sims Nightlife, as well as some other sims. On the 24th I installed another expansion pack, Celebrations. Yesterday (26th) I tried to install the Holiday Expansion Pack. I went through the same process, and it said it was successfully installed. However, it is not located ANYWHERE on my computer (not in Program Files, Control Panel....NOWHERE!). When I put the disc back in to reinstall, it says "This program is already installed." I can't uninstall it because it's not listed, so my only other option is to to a system restore. I went through the Vista tutorial, but there is only one restore date (June 21). If I choose that one, it will delete all of my Sims games and game process. I just want to restore back to the 26th (to pretend that I never tried to install the Holiday Pack). When I create a restore point, I typed in the description, but it used TODAY's date! I don't want today's date! Is there any way to change this? On XP there used to be a little calendar there so I could choose the date! Any suggestions??? PLEASE! I'm addicted to Sims 2, and I really need my Holiday Pack! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:05 PM

Welcome to the forums lucyb8

Try this:
After clicking on System Restore...Click on Tasks in the left hand column.
A window will open > click "choose a different restore point", click 'Next'

There is a little box to click that says "show restore points older than five days"
Click that if needed. Choose the date and follow the prompts.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 lucyb8

lucyb8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:47 PM

I tried that, but I found nothing that said Task. However, I did find the box that said "Show Restore Points older Than 5 Days" and there was only one...6/21/2007...If I choose that then all of my games would disappear. There has to be a way to do this! :huh:

#4 aq2

aq2

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

If the game installed it self it has to be somewhere on the harddrive. The holiday pack is mainly objects and clothing and such. If you have the sims season game install the season game if its not installed and play the game using the sims two season disk and see if the objects and clothing and whatnot is in your game..(the items form the holiday pack)

Edited by aq2, 01 July 2007 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users