Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Flickers On Red

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ziggadie

Ziggadie

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

Hey people, i have a slight problem. My monitor flickers when theres red on the screen....it flickers for a while, then either decides to lose all the red so it appears blackish, or it goes back to normal.

Actually im not even sure if its just red, because its doing it right now....and then it stopped. Im thinking either the monitor is dying, or something with a cord inside of it is...lose.

My computer is kind of old, maybe 5 years. Its a compaq and the monitor itself is a COMPAQ 7500 Color Monitor.

Let me sort of explain what it looks like...

when alot of red is on the screen, i see lines all the way across the screen disappearing and reappearing. there are big ones (about an inch) and medium to tiny ones. they go up and down as well... the color of the lines sort of...greenish, blackish...sort of like a dark mold color. It seems like when the flickerig stops, my screen is darker and any red now looks black. Im guessing that the red is going out so all the red in the pixels is gone, making the screen darker.I do have a surround sound system and 2 of the speakers are right next to the monitor. im going to try moving them away and see if it does anything.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the problem could be?

Edited by Ziggadie, 27 June 2007 - 03:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:13 AM

In the back of the monitor there are 3 devices called "Photon Guns" that focus the image on the back of the monitor's screen. It sounds like your red is going out. It is far too expensive to repair. Time for a new CRT or LCD
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

If you plug/unplug it with any frequency, you might look for a bent pin in the cable
Mark

Edited by garmanma, 29 June 2007 - 04:21 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users