Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie7 Add-on Twamlbnr.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 headerball

headerball

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:30 PM

I've recently had issues with security on my PC. I have identified and deleted jkhhg.dll from my system. However there is another add-on that I cannot determine it's purpose.

It is called twamlbnr.dll

In a file search it is in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32
It is a hidden file and size is 65Kb

I run IE7 on with Windows XP professional

Edited by headerball, 27 June 2007 - 03:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:24 PM

Hi headerball and Welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

After a thorough search and exhausting all of the available resources, there is no information on your file twamlbnr.dll.

Does this file get flagged by your Anti-Virus program or by any Anti-Malware programs when you scan?
If not and your system is running well, IMHO just leave the file where it is.

Unless another member here can provide any further information...........
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:51 PM

The file you deleted is used by Vundo/Virtumonde. Here is a link from this site on how to remove Vundo.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18610/how-to-remove-winfixer-virtumonde-msevents-trojanvundob/

It is also a good idea to run Super Antispyware.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

How To start Windows in Safe Mode
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know what worked/didn't work

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users