Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring data from cell phone to PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChinaCat

ChinaCat

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:53 AM

Hey all!

A while back I was trying to research info on how to get the pics off my phone without having to e-mail them to myself. There was a SEVERE lack of info so hopefully this will help some of you.

I have a LG VX6000 and run Windows XP Home and I have no idea if this is valid for other phones or operating sytems... sorry.

I purchased a cable to go from the phone jack to the USB port on the comp ($5 on eBay). Included with that was a driver disk (NOTE: this is not the PROGRAMME that you need to actually download the info from the phone; more on that below). Plug the phone to the cable to the comp. The new hardware will be automatically detected (at least on my system) and at that time you will install the driver from the disk.

IN ADDITION, ( and this is what I DIDN'T know) you will need a programme to actually download the stuff from the phone.

Bitpim 7.0 is free and works great (in my opinion). It can be downloaded at:
bitpim.sourceforge.net

Once it is installed, you are ready to go. You can transfer all your info (address book, wallpapers, ringtones, pics) from the phone to your computer... edit them on the comp and then upload them back to the phone.

Another cool thing, you can substitute MP3's for the icky midi ringtones :thumbsup:

Hope this helps! Have fun!

ChinaCat
newbie with no cool avatar or siggy :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:40 AM

Awesome!

Great information. Do you mind if I convert this into a tutorial at some point?

#3 ChinaCat

ChinaCat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:20 PM

Hi and thanks...

Do with this what you will... I'm not much of a writer (or a techie).

Glad it could help!

Take care!

ChinaCat
newbie, working on cool siggy and avatar :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users