Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Various Infections

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drazia

drazia

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:58 AM

Hey, Ive got a problem with spyware and virus's too.

I have many pop up windows when im using firefox or I explorer that include sites like SystemDoctor, Mydebtsoloution and numerous other sites, these pop ups happen every 10 or so minutes and its getting extremely frustrating! I have tried the Smitfarud fix and the systemdoctor fix i found on this site but still to no avail.

Also, My avg anti virus pops up with threat detected about every now and again with virus's like Trojan Horse Generic5.GQ, Trojan Horse Generic4.SLZ, Trojan Horse Collected 11.b. These either are in the directory Temp (Which Ive Cleared and scanned many times) or WINDOWS/System32.

I've tried programs suggested by sites like Spybot, Lavasoft Ad-aware SE, AVG anti spyware and ive scanned with these in safe mode as well but still no cure.

Can someone please help me sort this problem out as i believe its slowing my system down as well :thumbsup: .
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

Hi there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
Based on the number of scans that you have already tried to no avail, I feel that it is time for you to download HiajckThis and run a scan with it, before posting your log for one of our experts to help you.
Please download the latest version from the following link:
HijackThis Download Site
Once it is downloaded, extract the .zip file to C:\HijackThis and navigate to the C:\HijackThis folder.
Now double-click on HijackThis.exe.
Put a checkmark in the box at the bottom that states Don't show this frame again when I start HijackThis.
Then click on the button labeled None of the above, just start the program.
You will now be presented with the main HijackThis screen.
Press the Scan button and then when it is done, the Save Log button.
Save this log to your Desktop.

Start your own topic in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum, and include both your HijackThis log and a short description of the problems you are having, then await assistance. Please be patient; our HJT Team is incredibly busy at the moment, and we try to deal with logs in a "first come, first served" method.
After posting a log you should not make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Furthermore, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

Edited by rookie147, 27 June 2007 - 12:17 PM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 drazia

drazia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll get right on it

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

You're welcome; I wish you the best of luck getting cleaned up soon :thumbsup:

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users