Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To "totally" Remove A Free Trial Program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shark1959

Shark1959

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

Hello All:

I am running XP home and have down loaded a free program with a limited trial period. Unlike winzip where you can uninstall it and then reinstall after so many days for unlimited use, this program seems to know that it was already installed once on my machine. I've used the uninstall feature of the program to remove the program successfully, then I've gone through with regedit to remove any additional traces of information left behind in the registry. So it appears to have been removed.

If I were to download and run this program at a later date it won't allow me. Is there a way to remove the hidden information associated with this program, (which I imagine is hidden away some where in the registry) that stops me from reusing it once I've used the trial period? Unfortunately I don't use it often enough to purchase a copy.

P.S I also ran Ccleaner after removing the program, with no luck.

Thank you all in advance for any insight to my question.

Cheers

Jack

Edited by Shark1959, 27 June 2007 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

There is a purpose for having those encrypted registry files. There is a pupose for having a limited time for the trial. What you are asking is against the forum rules.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

The entire list of forum rules can be found here.