Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram Isnt Working Properly

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mooniniteman

mooniniteman

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

I have two sticks of 512 MB RAM, however one of them isnt working, I dont know if its a bad connection or a BIOS thing or a driver thing. I'm currently running on only 512 MB of RAM which is awful for any kind of gaming :flowers: any help is appreciated, thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

What kind of computer do you have, and RAM?

Is your new stick the same as the other?

#3 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:52 PM

Its Kingston RAM, they are identical, the RAM sticks aren't new they are the same ones, its a new motherboard

#4 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:53 PM

Did you make sure it isn't clipped out or lose thats sometimes a problem... And are your timings are the same for both of your 512mb ram sticks.....

#5 mooniniteman

mooniniteman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

I think it may be loose, prolly better to take it to a shop. but as I said, they are the same RAM sticks, same age and all that

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:02 PM

Is this single channel or dual channel? If it is dual channel be sure that you have the modules in the appropriate slots.

You can also test each module in the first slot one at a time to be sure that they are both working.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users