Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Uninstalling Roxio Media Creator 9

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

I had a basic version of Roxio EZ Media Creator 9 on my laptop when I purchased it (HP VM6000 with 1 gig of Ram running Vista Home Premium)

I purchased a full version and installed it with no problem on my desktop which I built on my own. I decided to put it on my laptop and uninstalled the basic version.

For some reason it did not run properly so I tried to remove it. It will not uninstall. I did a chat session with HP and they said there was a patch for the Roxio. I tried it but it says it was not a win32 application.

The tech with HP suggested uninstalling and also cleaning out my temp files and then trying again after reinstalling to run the patch.

My problem is that I can't uninstall the program.When I try it just starts to uninstall and then it installs again. I am not getting the program off the computer.

Going to try safemode. Also, would it make any sense to go into reg edit and delete "all" instances of Roxio. Could take me the rest of my life but I just don't know what else to do.

Any ideas would sure be appreciate.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users