Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hacked?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nixx

nixx

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

hello

first of all, i dont know if this topic should be here in this forum or even in this website for that matter but here it goes.

my friend got hacked by some pervert. anyway, yadi yadi ya. he knows she changed her password, and he knows the passwords to all her accounts, he said hes going to kill her online life. he even hacked her friends who are in her instant messenger list. sometimes he'd use my friend's friends' account to talk to her.

is there any way to find that hacker or stop him from harrassing my friend? oh yeah he also said something like she should be thankful he didn't delete her contacts and her emails.

thanks.

p.s.

i asked because yeah, im in her contacts list, it would suck to get hacked.

(Moderator edit: thread moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 26 June 2007 - 11:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nixx

nixx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

oh yeah i almost forgot, he also said he "sees" everything. but i doubt he installed or whatever a virus/reader/whatchamacallit since she just changed computers. shes now using a laptop, she got hacked when she was still using her desktop.

#3 nixx

nixx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:52 AM

thanks for moving jgweed

#4 Giedrius M

Giedrius M

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

1. Install and use a firewall. Check what programs are using network.
2. Install and use antivirus software, and anti-spyware as well. AVG, NOD32 are quite good. Spybot or Ad-aware are free spyware removers and quite reliable also.
Usually, this is enough to keep computer safe, and it is quite enough if there is no real signs of "watching". in case there are some signs of hacking, your friend shoud post a HijackThis log in appropriate forum.
My blog majauskas.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users