Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection sharing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peggasoo

peggasoo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:46 AM

Help!!

I've been searching the site for an hour or more now and I cannot find any threads that talk about internet connection sharing on Windows 98se.

We have set up networking between 2 computers using a linksys 5 port networking hub and can share files, printers and play games between the two computers. However, my husband has been trying to get internet connection sharing to work and has had no luck. (He is losing patience!) :flowers:

The tutorial "All About Networks" seems to indicate that the computers need to be linked to the hub and the hub linked to a modem which then accesses the internet. Is an external modem necessary for internet connection sharing? :thumbsup:

Any feedback or directions to helpful threads or links would be sooooo welcome!!

Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:57 PM

Hi . I believe what you need Is the Networking Wizard not Internet Connection Wizard. Do you have ME on one of your computers?? If so run run the Network Setup , or find a friend that has ME or XP and make a NETWORK connection Wizard floppy (not internet sharing). I would offer to email you a copy , but I am not sure what the rule of this fourm are reguarding this. By the way I have found that the XP Network setup works much better. If you add computers just run the disk on them . By the way if you use a print server. Turn off the printer sharing in the Network Properties box first. It won't hurt if you don't but you will get useless enteries in the Printer Control Panal. Hope this helps.

acklan
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 peggasoo

peggasoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 24 January 2005 - 02:33 PM

Well, hubby got it working, don't know what he did to make it happen, but it is working now. Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users